Attending the Southern Christmas Show is sure to be a fun experience! But with so much to see and do, we want to make sure you know all the tips and tricks to make your visit as stress-free as possible. Here is some more information about one of our most frequently asked questions – Where do I park? – as well as special features you won’t want to miss at the show.
There are more than 4,000 parking spots at and immediately adjacent to The Park Expo & Conference Center, but they tend to fill up quickly. Parking lots at the Center, Bojangles Coliseum, Ovens Arena, Golden Green Hotel and even Chantilly Montessori School (weekends only) all open at 8 a.m. each day. A spot costs $8. Come early for the most convenient parking! Look for free golf cart shuttles being run by the Shriners to whisk you from your car to the door—grab a seat if you spot one!
Avoid the long lines and park for free on Saturday, November 10, and Saturday, November 17, at the old Eastland Mall parking lot, located at 5471 Central Avenue in Charlotte. Complimentary shuttles will take guests to and from the show from 7 a.m.-9:30 p.m., and each fit 55 people.
Valet parking is also available at the show. This front-door service will allow show guests to pull up right across from the show entrance and also makes loading packages afterwards a snap. Valet parking can be purchased at the normal entrances to the main parking lot. The cost is $20 (cash only). If the main lot is full, there may still be valet parking available, so please let the police officers directing traffic know you want to valet park.
Beat the parking blues by subscribing to our text message service, which will keep you updated on everything you need to know to seamlessly travel to and from the show. If you’d prefer not to worry about parking, you can use Lyft! Its drivers will access The Park Expo & Conference Center through a dedicated lane and greet you near the front door.
For even more information and helpful tips, visit our parking page
Select Special Features of the Show
These are a few of our favorite exhibits and events you definitely won’t want to miss as you delight in the spirit of the season!
• Southern Christmas Show Gift Shop: You wanted it, and you got it! We’re debuting a unique shop at the show’s main entrance this year where you can buy commemorative ornaments, lapel pins and aprons while supplies last.
• Benefit Preview Night: Bring comfort and joy to others this year and enjoy early access to the entire Southern Christmas Show on Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 5-9 p.m. There will be hors d’oeuvres from 5Church Charlotte and other vendors, entertainment by Lily Jade Entertainment and a fashion show by Bella Boutique. The first 200 guests will receive a gift bag courtesy of event sponsor Universal Windows. For each preview night ticket sold – cost is $24 for adults online and at the door and $4 for children ages 6-12 - $10 will be donated to Habitat for Humanity Charlotte.
• Early Bird VIP Shopping Experience: Swing by the show for an exclusive experience free of wagons, strollers and carts. The excitement takes place on Saturday, Nov. 10 and Saturday, Nov. 17 from 8-10 a.m. Only attendees ages 13 and older will be admitted, and tickets are $19 online or at the door. The first 250 visitors each morning will receive a commemorative lapel pin and reusable shopping bag courtesy of QC Home Buyers.
• Christmas Tree Lane: Stroll through this year’s special landscape featuring freshly cut trees from the North Carolina mountains. These gorgeous Fraser firs, each decorated by an exhibitor in the show, will get you in the holiday spirit and give you tips for decorating your own tree!
• Holiday Designer Rooms: Enjoy fabulous interior settings by top local designers. Bring your camera, pick your favorite and take home an abundance of décor ideas!
• HO, HO, HO: It’s time to find out if you’ve been naughty or nice this year! Get your picture with Santa and tell the jolly old man what you’d like to find wrapped under the tree on Christmas morning. Photos are 1 for $10, 2 for $18 and 3 for $25. All proceeds benefit the Shriners Hospital for Children.
• Kids Kraft Corner: Check out this brand-new show feature in Freedom Hall at Booth 3523! Your kids will love making custom holiday cards with festive stamps, markers and fun art supplies. They will even have an opportunity to send a heartfelt message to our troops on Nov. 12 during Hero’s Day.
The Southern Christmas Show takes over The Park Expo and Conference Center November 8-18, with Preview Night on November 7. We can't wait to see you there!
NOVEMBER 8-18, 2018.
THE PARK EXPO & CONFERENCE CENTER